LeGrande Elementary School
Parent School Compact
The staff at LeGrande Elementary agrees to:
- Hold Back-to-School Night for parents to meet with the teachers and staff.
- Help to determine the educational needs of your child.
- Try to adjust the instructional program to meet the academic needs of your child.
- Seek your cooperation as parents to work as partners in the school.
- Provide frequent assessment and continuous feedback on how your child is progressing academically.
- Provide a safe and orderly school environment.
- Schedule Parent/Teacher conferences.
As a parent of LeGrande Elementary School, I agree to:
- Make sure my child is on time and prepared for school.
- Know how my child is doing in school by communicating with teachers.
- Schedule a conference with the teacher about concerns with schoolwork and behavior.
- Monitor my child’s homework and make sure study time is in a quiet place.
- Help my child accept consequences for negative behavior.
- Limit screen time and read 15 minutes daily with my child.
- Check with my child daily for information sent from school
As a student of LeGrande Elementary School, I agree to:
- Come to school ready to learn with the necessary supplies.
- Take part in class discussions without being disruptive.
- Complete class work and homework neatly and return it to the teacher on time.
- Share papers with my parents and return signed papers to my teacher.
- Allow the teacher/staff to help me work through my problems.
- Ask for help when I don’t understand.
- Be respectful of myself and all members of LeGrande School.