Hart County Schools Chromebook Learning Procedure: 2019-2020
This page must be signed and returned to the school for the user to be able to use the student chromebooks provided by the Hart County School System. Parents/guardians are expected to help their child understand the concepts below. The chromebook and its use are the responsibility of the student to whom the chromebook is issued; any violations of the policy below will be the responsibility of the student and parent/guardian as well. The following regulations are in effect at any time students are using, provided access to, or assigned responsibility for the care of chromebooks:
▪ Chromebook use is for instructional purposes only unless otherwise directed by the classroom teacher.
▪ It is the student's responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient battery life available to engage in all educational requirements on a daily basis.
▪ The student chromebook filtering and security settings shall not be changed at any time.
▪ Students at no time will vandalize or deface chromebooks (by using stickers, markers or other items or removing any manufacturer or district labeling). Students are prohibited from taking apart the chromebook or modifying the physical components in any way.
▪ Illegal use or transfer of copyrighted materials is prohibited at all times.
▪ Students are prohibited from using another student’s login name and password. Every effort must be made by the student to keep his/her login name and password secure. All passwords must remain confidential and should not be shared among students.
▪ Additions, modifications or deletion of base operating system must not occur without District approval.
▪ Obscene language and/or materials, including screensavers, backdrops, and/or pictures are prohibited.
▪ Students are prohibited from sending non-instructional related emails, instant messages, and/or hosting personal web pages with their chromebooks unless otherwise directed by the classroom teacher.
▪ Downloading music, games, and videos from the Internet during school hours is prohibited unless otherwise directed by the classroom teacher. Copyrighted video materials shall not be downloaded, viewed, or accessed using the chromebook unless directed by the classroom teacher for instructional purposes.
▪ Chat rooms and social networking sites are not to be accessed unless directed by the classroom teacher.
▪ File sharing must be approved and directed by the teacher.
▪ The district is only responsible for original district loaded software. All personal software loaded is subject to removal anytime during routine upgrades, maintenance, repairs or as a result of Acceptable Use Policy violations.
▪ Unless authorized by the school/district administration, no software may be downloaded/installed in any language other than English.
▪ Chromebook use and contents will be monitored on a regular basis. All chromebooks are subject to physical inspection by school and district technical and administrative staff on a routine basis and must be available to staff immediately upon request.
▪ The student and parent(s)/guardian(s) assume responsibility for the reasonable care of the chromebook, including all supplementary materials, including but not limited to the chromebook case, power supply, power cord, and other devices.
▪ Chromebooks should be secured in the district-provided case/sleeve when not in use; chromebooks should not be subjected to unnecessary weight, torque, or pressure.
Recommended Dispositions (one or more may apply): Disciplinary actions include but are not limited to student conference, parent conference, chromebook re-imaging, detention, in-school suspension, confiscation of the chromebook and/or restricted access, loss of student privileges (such as field trips, etc.), placement in alternative education, suspension, expulsion, financial restitution (in accordance with board-approved fee schedule) and/or appropriate legal action. These and additional consequences specified in Site-Based Decision Making policy shall be administered or recommended by the building principal or principal’s designee.
Hart County Schools
Chromebook Replacement/Repair Costs
Fees for repairs that are the obvious result of intentional damage, neglect, or misplaced items shall be assessed as follows:
Power Supply $50
General Defacement (stickers, graffiti, unusual wear, removal/defacement of identifying labels, or other physical damage, etc.) $100
Total Unit Replacement $225
I have read the statements above, understand them, and assume responsibility for the assigned chromebook as outlined above.
__________________________ ________________________________ ____________ ______ Student’s Legal Name Student’s Signature Date Grade
__________________________ ________________________________ ____________ Parent/Guardian’s Name Parent/Guardian’s Signature Date